Thanks to Susan Maccarelli of Beyond Your Blog for recently posting this informative and helpful article by guest author Julianne Palumbo of Mothers Always Write. Her tips take a different approach to the submission process and include recommendations for things I’ve not seen in other articles. Palumbo explains five key things she has learned about the submissions process and communicating with editors while working with authors who submit to Mothers Always Write, including:
- Professional cover letters that still show your personality
- It’s okay to communicate with editors
- The importance of promoting your writing and helping others market
- Why you should be familiar with the markets to which you submit
- And that editors want to know who you are
Really a lot of new information I’ve not seen before and if you haven’t stopped by Mothers Always Write, take a peek and see what Palumbo is up to. You can read my post about their no fee submissions here.