I’ve been posting poetry related information on my blog almost daily since October 2014. Below is a summary of the types of information I post, where, and how to access it quickly. If you are looking for information on how to write, publish, or participate in the larger poetry community, please contact me here and I’ll do what I can to find the info and share it in an upcoming post.
Here’s how to find what you are looking for…
MAIN MENU – at the top of the page & includes the obvious stuff:
My Poetry – a list of my published poems and links so you can check them out and my Chapbooks – the two chapbooks I’ve published and links so you can read them. There’s also a page for NaPoMo – National Poetry Month of course! This menu includes links to my past NaPoMo projects with summaries and such.
About Me – a resume of sorts, my publications, interviews, reviews, awards, and how to contact me.
Poetry Resources – a list of posts categorized by Poetry groups and events listings and by Writing resources. Writing resources includes posts for all sorts of writerly information, including: important poetry sites online, how to publish, how to use social media, word generators and other tools, etc.
Where to Submit – this is where the magic happens! All of my custom made lists just for poets, plus a quick link to all my submission call posts in order of the date they were posted. Learn where to submit and get paid, where to submit formal verse, found poetry, and reprints, and where to submit internationally.
SEARCH – enter key words to find what you’re looking for
CATEGORIES – The right hand side of the screen will give you anything else you might need. “Post Categories” has a drop-down list for all my posts categorized by topic. Topics include:
- Call for submissions – all of ’em in order of most recently posted
- Found poetry – anything found poetry related
- Guest blog posts – posts written by others
- Interviews – interviews of me or by me
- My poems – posts about my published poems
- Other writing – posts related to prose and blogging
- Poetry contests – all of ’em in order of most recently posted
- Poetry prompts – lists and lists and lists of prompts
- Self-taught MFA – related to stuff I’ve learned along the way
- Writing resources – other key sites, other writerly resources
- Year Round Calls – submission calls with no deadlines