My first review of Bitter Oleander’s Spring issue just went up on The Review Review! I recently sent a request to join the ranks of the literary reviewers on their site and they sent me a lit mag to read and write about. Meaning, not only did it give me motivation to read a new lit mag from cover to cover, but I received it for no cost!
If you aren’t familiar with The Review Review, set aside an hour or two with a glass of your favorite adult beverage and check out the amazing amounts of information they provide. Including:
- Reviews of lit mags and journals
- A directory of magazines with detailed summaries and links
- Interviews with a variety of editors, writers, etc.
- Tons of articles on publishing tips
- Calls for submissions and other writing related classifieds
Here’s a snippet from my review:
The Bitter Oleander is a place to submit writing that rides the edge, to send in poems translated carefully and gracefully, to push the boundaries of physical metaphor, with a spattering of science and mundane, yet powerful realities; and not without a bit of the night sky--stars, space, and time.
Read my complete review of Bitter Oleander here: