Electric Literature is a free online resource for all things literature related. They are also a non-profit and a paying writer’s market!
“Electric Literature's mission is to expand the influence of literature in popular culture by fostering lively and innovative literary conversations and making exceptional writing accessible to new audiences. Through our website, social media, events, and other special programming and projects, we reach an international audience with free, online content, while paying every single one of our contributing writers.”
This particular article, generously compiled by Michael J Seidlinger, is a great list of about 70 independent presses to help poets and writers who are sending out manuscripts or looking for new writing to discover and enjoy.
If you need help working on your full length or chapbook manuscript, here are some other resources to inspire and provide poetry-biz tips:
- Poetry Manuscripts: Resources for organizing a manuscript, by Nancy Chen Long
- 14 NO FEE Chapbook Publishers and other Chapbook Listings
- Interview with Jendi Reiter, V.P. of Winning Writers and author of a new book of poems Bullies in Love
- 50 Surprisingly simple ways to promote your book + more from Author Unlimited
- How to Throw a Banging Book Launch Party for Under $100