When I first started sharing submission calls, submitting tips, and other poetry related posts on my blog in October of last year, I wasn’t really expecting it to get much attention. But I wanted to keep track of information for myself and felt like sharing it as I discovered it might be something others would appreciate. It’s gone so much better than I ever expected! I’ve met a lot of amazing writers and poets and broadened my online community by a landslide.
I thought it might be fun to share some of my stats and May was definitely a month of record breakers!
- Hit 1,000 followers in May
- Hit 10,000 views in May
- Broke my blog record for number of views in one day: 1,356
- Broke my blog record for number of visitors in one day: 1,115
- The top two posts with over 1,000 views this year:
- People viewed my blog from 128 different countries! (USA, India, UK, Canada, and Ireland are the top five)
- 20,396 clicks to other sites mentioned in my posts (Duotrope and Rejection Wiki are the top two)
Thanks to all the amazing poets and writers who stop by and especially to those few who comment and add to the poetry conversation. I’d love to talk more with all of you! Please feel free to comment on this post or any other.
- Let me know about your successes
- Post on submission calls for which you were accepted
- Provide feedback on my blog and/or something you’d like to see more of
- Let me know what’s most challenging and/or what you need more help with
- Share posts with your writerly friends
- Ask questions
Poetry needs all the attention it can get… it’s time to get loud about it!