Starting tomorrow Friday, April 1st, ELJ Publications will be hosting its first 30/30. This is a project that focuses on writing one piece of poetry each day for thirty days, following one of two tracks described below.
POP CULTURE POETRY: Using pop culture references, participants must write 30 poems integrating pop culture in some form or fashion.
FOUND POETRY: Using one source of text, participants may write 30 poems with properly-cited sources.
- Participants complete this simple form here
- Participants request to join the closed Facebook group for this project here
- Participants must establish a blog of their own specifically for the event (WordPress, tumblr, etc.)
- Once the blog is set up, writers post a new poem each day.
- Poets will then link to the poems on the ELJ Write Now Facebook Group under our "Post Your Poems Here" thread.
- Poets are then asked to provide respectful feed back, constructive words, and get to know the work of countless other poets you may or may not be familiar with on the Facebook group.
“One finisher will be randomly selected to receive a boxset of ELJ titles, and all finishers are eligible to submit their finished, revised/edited manuscripts they've created over the 30 days to ELJ during the months of May and June for potential publication.”
April is the perfect time to develop a new writing routine or practice and having a wealth of prompts is always helpful. For many more prompts and for a list of other #NaPoMo happenings, see my National Poetry Month 2016 page.
Categories: Call for Submissions