I’m excited to announce my poem “I Know I Have Loved Patricia” was published in Volume 11, Issue 3 of TAB: The Journal of Poetry & Poetics. You can download the issue in PDF or listen to audio read by each contributor on their current issue page.
This poem was inspired by a fairly recent tradition started by a line from a Frank O’Hara poem entitled “Katy,” which includes the line “Some day I’ll love Frank O’Hara” which inspired the poem by Roger Reeves, “Some Day I’ll Love Roger Reeves” followed by one of my favorite poets, who wrote “Someday I’ll Love Ocean Vuong” followed by “I Never Knew I Loved Dean Rader.”
Click here to download the issue and read “I Know I Have Loved Patricia”
TAB: The Journal of Poetry & Poetics re-envisions literary cultural production using design thinking; publishes work that represents a range of aesthetics and stages of career; and strives to create increasingly inclusive and accessible poetry reading experiences both in print and online. The project is a collaboration between poet and nonfiction writer Anna Leahy and information designer Claudine Jaenichen and is housed at Tabula Poetica: The Center for Poetry at Chapman University.
They don’t charge submissions fees and read year-round, though sometimes they close to allow their staff to catch up. They are currently a paying market.
- READING PERIODS: Year-round (closed occasionally to catch up on submissions)
- FORMAT: online/print
- SUBMISSION FEE: None
- PAYMENT: $75 (as of July 2023)
- ISSUE FREQUENCY: About every other month online
- SUBMISSION METHOD: Submittable
- SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS: Yes
- FORMS: poems in English, English translations of poems in other languages, scholarly or creative essays about poetry, interviews, visual poems, art-poetry hybrids
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook, Twitter
If you like this post, please share with your writerly friends and/or follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. You can see all the FREE resources my site offers poets/writers on my Start Here page.